The Fast-Moving Consumer Goods Sector’s Steady Progress on Responsible Sourcing - 12 years of tracking companies' approaches
Our 12th member survey results demonstrate continued efforts by the membership to promote responsible sourcing practices and enable positive impact through sustained investment in resources and supplier engagement. This trend is bound to increase against the background of surging responsible business conduct legislation.
Summary of members’ reported performance:
- 62% of members reported increased responsible sourcing budgets (vs. 61% in 2021).
- Members are outperforming the industry in commitments to living wage and living income and access to grievance mechanisms.
- Buyers are directly involved in nearly all members’ responsible sourcing efforts.
- 90% of members have carried out capability building of their supplier base, with an intensification of on-the-ground training (+20pts).
- Over half the members carried out capability building for smallholders/farmers on beyond compliance and transformative initiatives (+15pts).
- The share of members rewarding suppliers with longer term contracts or premium price for their responsible sourcing efforts has doubled.
- There is a 37% growth in desktop assessment of suppliers.
- Compliance by suppliers with customer expectations increased by 15%.
For more details please read executive summary here.