Get ready for the next AIM-Progress Autumn 2022 member meeting
We are delighted that The Coca-Cola Company will be hosting our 2022 Autumn member meeting at their Mexico City offices. Members are invited to join four days’ worth of events including our supplier event, a site visit and the member event to hear from fantastic regional speakers, catch up on AIM-Progress deliverables and share common challenges and opportunities.
Format of the week of events:
14-17 November: Day 1 - Supplier Event, Day 2-3 - Member Meeting, Day 4 - Site Visit
Day 1 - Nov 14th - Supplier Event
Sponsored by SC Johnson, The Hershey Company and Unilever, this hybrid event will be held in partnership with ELEVATE Global, featuring interactive sessions, as well as various opportunities for supplier contributions and peer learning.
Confirmed speakers include:
- The Hershey Company, Enrique Hurtado - opening with the importance of responsible sourcing
- Ahifores, Antonio Mendizabal - sharing their perspective on key issues in the region and ways forward
- CIERTO, Axel Garcia - providing insights on worker representation and worker empowerment
- Oxfam, Ana María Mendez Libby – sharing work done across the region to address human rights issues and trends
- Driscoll's, Baruch Macias Camarena and Marion Avril – offering a supplier testimonial on foundations of ethical trade, building their programme beyond audits, and their work with unions and government
- ELEVATE, sharing the key challenges in Mexico, and providing a deep dive into working conditions, and how to overcome common challenges linked to H&S
- Unilever - David Hernandez - closing with the key messages from the day
Find out more about the full agenda: here.
Day 2-3 - Nov 15-16th - Member Meeting
Sponsored by the Coca-Cola Company, the two day member meeting will cover the following theme: "Advancing our Human Rights Impact. How can we ensure our responsible sourcing efforts effectively lead to better outcomes for the people in our supply chains?"
Here's what to expect:
Day 1 sessions include:
- Keynote: Oxfam, Alexandra Haas, Executive Director Oxfam Mexico, Human rights in Mexico – setting the scene from a civil society perspective
- The Coca-Cola Company, Paul Lalli, Global VP, Human Rights - host presentation on their renewed human rights strategy
- Mutual Recognition update, including the analysis of human rights impact assessments sharing exercise
- Panel discussion on what "beyond audits" really means in 2022, with an emphasis on worker voice
- Annual Benchmarking Survey key learnings, and how we can support bridging the gaps
Day 2 sessions include:
- Keynote: Building a culture of safe, healthy work in Mexico - ILO perspective: ILO Vision Zero Fund,
- CIERTO practical insights into Responsible Recruitment and rightsholder engagement in Mexico,
- Update on AIM-Progress Human Rights work: Impact measurement – member call to action, Just Transition/ Climate Change – report back on scoping work and Living Wage playbook – sneak preview
- Human rights working groups marketplace - interactive sessions on Responsible Recruitment, Living Wage/ Income, Grievance Mechanisms, Impact Measurement
- Closing keynote: Sustainable Sugarcane in Mexico – reports from initiatives in Mexico
- Wrap up and plans for 2023 – events and projects
Day 4 - Nov 17th - Site Visit on Rightsholder Engagement: focus on Human Rights in Waste Management
- Tearfund keynote – launch of principles for engagement by FMCG with the informal waste management sector
- Pet Star site visit (collection/recycling centre & plant)
Thank you again to our sponsors, SC Johnson, The Hershey Company and Unilever for their support and contribution to the supplier event, and to The Coca-Cola Company for their support and contribution for the two days member meeting & site visit.
Are you an FMCG manufacturer or supplier interested in joining as a guest? Contact us now.