AIM-PROGRESS is a forum of consumer goods manufacturers and suppliers assembled to enable and promote responsible sourcing practices and sustainable production systems. It is a global initiative supported and sponsored by AIM in Europe and GMA in North America.
Its key objectives include:
- The provision of a forum to exchange views and share learnings regarding responsible sourcing practices
- Leverage synergies and support the effective collaboration and potential convergence with other global initiatives having similar aims or interests.
- Develop and promote the use of common evaluation methods to determine CSR performance within the supply chain
- Drive efficiencies for all companies by collecting, assessing and sharing non-competitive information on supply chain social compliance performance.
- Help develop, assess and promote responsible sourcing practices within the supply chain.
- Reduce audit fatigue for suppliers by encouraging them to share their audit reports with many customers to avoid duplicate audits. "An audit for one is an audit for all".
AIM-PROGRESS is open to any manufacturer or supplier who meets the membership criteria with the execption of companies from the arms and tobacco sectors.
AIM-PROGRESS is in dialogue with the Global Social Compliance Programme (GSCP) of the Consumer Goods Forum (CGF) with the objective of leveraging synergies and strengthening our complementarities.